Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Port Fairy Folk Festival 2018

Every couple of years I get an invitation to be part of the spoken word  program at the Port Fairy Folk Festival. And in recent times I've had the fun of traveling with my musician colleague Sarah Depasquale.

Our program was packed with two shows: Tales from the Flyway (our piece that shines a light on migratory shore birds) and The Amazing Case of Dr Ward and other stories (a light-hearted look at how plants were transported around the world on board ships in the1800s), as well as a children's show, author presentation and judging the Pat Glover Storytelling Award!


We felt a bit daunted by the task, but Sarah and I ploughed through and enjoyed every moment.
The Children's Tent was huge and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little intimidated at the thought of all these energetic young ones. But it was a wonderful 45 mins of hilarity and the children were fantastic.


















Port Fairy has a terrific bookshop Blarney Books and Art and offers a program throughout the festival. I was delighted to be asked to do an author talk. Always fun to switch from storyteller hat to author hat. And selling books and seeing children smile ... well nothing beats it really!

Huge thanks to Jim Haynes who manages the spoken word program and the Festival and township  that organises the  weekend. Its a privilege and joy to be invited to be part of the fun.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive